One of the questions I’m asked all the time is why someone would choose the field of affiliate marketing. My response is, “Why not?”
Sure, there are many ways to start a business and become an entrepreneur, but I would argue that affiliate marketing offers the best type of business model for success and a fulfilling work/life balance.
- Affiliate marketing is one of the fastest growing business models because it offers a low startup cost. In fact, it’s free to join an affiliate program (beware of those that charge an upfront fee).
- You can start on a part-time or full-time basis.
- Your success depends entirely on you and how hard you’re willing to work.
- There are no office politics, personality clashes or coworkers who step on you so they can get ahead.
- There’s plenty of help available for assistance in creating your website, such as Hostgator and GoDaddy.
- Almost no business or product is off-limits. You can sell everything from jewelry to cell phones to travel services. It’s best to pick something you’re already interested in for greatest success.
- You can choose from review-related sites, where you review products in your industry, or resource-based sites, where you provide valuable content to your readers.
- There are many opportunities for networking and learning from others at affiliate events held in various locations throughout the year.
- Affiliate marketing is a great way to enter a competitive market without having to create a brand new product, carry large amounts of inventory or worry about production costs and distribution.
- The growth of the Internet and online technology has given a turbo boost to this kind of business model.
- You don’t have to acquire office or storage space and there are no employees to manage.
- Customer support or complaints are typically not your problem. (However, to increase your success, it’s crucial to choose a company with a great record of customer service.)
- By providing valuable content and working to make your site the premier source for your product, you’re also learning more about an industry that you’re already passionate about.
- With affiliate marketing, you can reach prospects all over the world without leaving the comfort of your computer.
- At other jobs, you usually have to be physically present and continually active in order to make money. In affiliate marketing, when you operate your business professionally and actively, it’s possible to earn money even when not sitting in front of your computer.
- Affiliate marketing fosters a creative, entrepreneurial spirit and the thrill that comes from building your own business, monitoring your progress and discovering ways to make it better all the time.
- You can have the tools and expertise of Empower Network and its members right beside you to help your business grow and succeed.
Of course, I’m always quick to point out that affiliate marketing is not a get-rich-quick scheme. It takes hard work, but the ends absolutely justify the means. While everyone else is busy lamenting over whether it’s actually possible to have it all, the affiliate marketers at Empower Network are proving every day that you can.
Do you have any other reasons why affiliate marketing is a wonderful business model for those seeking to become entrepreneurs and maintain good work/life balances? I’d love to hear your thoughts about what makes affiliate marketing great for you.
Jonathan Cronstedt is the CEO of Empower Network, LLC. Empower Network is a leading affiliate marketing and direct sales company that’s helping tens of thousands enjoy the “Empowered Lifestyle.” Jonathan enjoys travel, spending time with his wife and red wine.